- Alcohol:14.6% vol
- Grape Variety:Old Vines (49 grapes varieties have been identified so far)
- Serving Temperature:16-18ºC
- Winemakers:Manuel Lobo
- Pairing:Beef, Pasta, Lamb, Game (deer, venison)
- Age of Vines: About 100 years
- Landscaping: Socalcos (terraces supported by stone walls)
- Aspect, Soil and Altitude: East 120-190m
- Bottling: October 2017
- Vinification:The grapes, coming from the vineyard plot Vinha Maria Teresa, are taken to the winery in 22 kg plastic boxes. On arrival in the winery they are rigorously inspected on a sorting table. The grapes are then completely destemmed and slightly crushed. Aer this, they are transferred to temperature-controlled stainless-steel tanks. Once the alcoholic fermentation is completed, the grape are gently pressed using hydraulic presses.
- Ageing:About 20 months in new oak barrels (90% French oak; 10% American oak). The final wine is made from a selection of the finest barrels.
- Tasting notes:Deep ruby in colour. The nose is intense, with gum cistus aromas, fresh berry fruit notes and elegant hints of spice. Appealing on the palate, evolving into an engaging, serious wine, with firm, fine-textured tannins. The finish is fresh, long and lingering. This is a beautiful wine that expresses the essence of the unique terroir of the Vinha Maria Teresa.
Viticultural Year:2015 was a dry but well-balanced year that was saved by the right amount of rainfall at exactly the right moment. July and August were mild, with hot days and cold nights, which had a positive
influence on the ripening of the grapes. The white grape harvest began on 21 August and the first red wine grapes arrived in the winery from the Quinta da Cabreira in the Douro Superior on 29 August. Weather conditions throughout the harvest were favourable. Rain on 15 and 16 September favoured the final ripening of the grapes of some vineyard plots. The Vinha Maria Teresa, with its east facing aspect, found in 2015 optimal conditions to reach full ripeness. The grapes of this vineyard plot were harvested on 12 September and 19 September. This is a year whose wines stand out for their generous fruit, natural freshness and extraordinary elegance.