- Alcohol:14% vol
- Grape Variety:Syrah (100%)
- Serving Temperature:16°-18°
- Winemakers:Graça Gonçalves, advised by Grégory Viennois
- Pairing:Beef, Pasta, Veal, Poultry
- Soil Geology: 20 ha with different expositions and slopes. Lime and clay from the superior Jurassic period
- Climate: Mediterranean microclimate with an Atlantic in?uence. Cold nights even during summer, max. temperatures of 31ºC, 675 mm average rainfall and a permanent blowing wind.
- Winegrowing: Organic production (PT-BIO-08) with a single plot management winegrowing work
- Harvest and Winemaking: Individualized plot handmade harvest with manual sorting. Destemming with no crushing. Fermentation in stainless steel temperature-controlled vats. Prolonged maceration.
- Ageing: 18 to 20 months in french oak barrels, 40% of which new ones.
- Production: 1.200 btls (75 cl and 150 cl)
- Theme: The parcel n. 24 is a unique vineyard in Portugal: a 1,55Ha massal selection of Syrah, which cuttings were brought from over 60-years old vines, from their original roots in the Rhône Valley in France (Hermitage, Côte Rôtie, Saint Joseph). The great genetic variability in this vineyard (different from an usual clonal selection), and the high plantation density (8.000 vines per hectare, twice as much as in the remaining vineyards), give birth to an extremely complex wine.
There are no reviews yet.