- Alcohol:15% vol
- Grape Variety:Field blend
- Serving Temperature:16°-18°
- Winemakers:Anselmo Mendes
- Pairing:Beef, Pasta, Lamb, Game (deer, venison)
- Viticultural Year: The year 2017 was an unusual one in the Douro region. The winter was sunny and very dry. The month of June was the hottest since 1980. The weather conditions caused a slump in production throughout the region. Guaranteeing the quality of the grapes. The change in the weather conditions resulted in a year marked by challenges and hard work in relation to growing the grapes, which, despite all the adversity, revealed the remarkable capacity of our vines to adapt.
- Grape Varieties: Field blend, with 40% Touriga Franca, 20% Touriga Nacional, 10% Tinta Roriz and 30% mixture of traditional Douro varieties.
- Soil Geology: Shale soil
- Harvest and Winemaking: the grapes are screened manually, destalked and foot trod in granite presses in which the alcoholic fermentation takes place. Malolactic fermentation occurs in a stainless steel vat. The wine is then aged in 225-litre French oak barrels.
- Ageing: 12 months in French oak barrels.
- Tasting note: A red-coloured wine with shades of brown. A black fruit aroma, balsamic and spicy notes. Strong, more mature tannins with a smooth velvety texture.
- Theme:Vinha dos Deuses is only is produced in excellent harvests.
There are no reviews yet.