- Alcohol:14.5% vol
- Grape Variety:Alicante Bouschet and Aragonez
- Serving Temperature:16-18ºC
- Winemakers:Pedro Baptista
- Pairing:Veal, Beef, Lamb, Poultry
- Theme:Cartuxa wines reflect the tradition and famed quality of the first people to make wine at Cartuxa. Carthusian monks who in 1587 established the Santa Maria Scala Coeli Monastery. It was first produced in 1986
Climate:Mediterranean with cold winters with rainfall concentrated between October and February, hot summers, with temperatures close to 40ºC at the time of maturation.
- Vinification:Cartuxa red Reserve is a blend of Alicante Bouschet and Aragonez, planted in the Eugenio de Almeida Foundation, oldest vineyards. When the grapes are judged to be perfectly matured, they are carefully picked and brought into the winery for de-stalking, gentle crushing and fermentation in temperature controlled steel vats. There follows a 15 days maceration period followed by maturation in new French barrels for 15 months, and in 15 months in bottle prior to release
Ageing:Maturation in new French barrels for 15 months. The wine aged in bottle for 15 months prior to release.
- Tasting notes:The charming combination of red and black Berries, especially cassis and raspberry, combine with beautiful oak wood. The body is strongly defined, Cassis and blueberry flavors establish his herb-fruity character. Cocoa and a pepper note give it depth