- Alcohol:14.5% vol
- Grape Variety:Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Alicante Bouschet, Syrah
- Serving Temperature:16-18ºC
- Winemakers:Paulo Laureano
- Pairing:Beef, Lamb, Veal, Poultry
Climate:Mediterranean with cold winters with rainfall concentrated between October and February, hot summers, with temperatures close to 40ºC at the time of maturation.
- Vinification:The Estate’s top-end non-Alicante Bouschet, Ponte Das Canas is aged in a blend of tropical hardwood ‘tonels’ and new oak barriques and bottled 18-24 months after harvest.Hand picked, vinification in upright wooden containers for daily reassembly, fermentation for about a week. Twelve months in 225 liter new French oak barrels, twelve months in bottle.
- Ageing:12 months in 225 liter new French oak barrels and more12 months in bottle
- Tasting notes:The scent of red currants and raspberries is there from the start, it becomes more intense as the oak wood integrates. The fruit in the body is the same, the finish of fine fruit and green tannins is attractive and persistent
There are no reviews yet.